EEDAL（Energy Efficiency in Domestic Appliances and Lighting）は、家電製品と照明のエネルギー高効率化を目的とした国際学会で、各国より毎年200人ほどの参加があります。今年は第8回で、スイスのルチェルン大学で開催されました。2015年は計測、基準とラベリング、家電製品、住宅建築物、スマートホーム、消費者行動などのセッションがあり、家電製品、照明の省エネルギー・低炭素に関わる様々な報告がありました。主な参加者は政策担当者、企業、大学などでした。
水谷はStandards and Labels 3セッションにて、「日本の住宅省エネ基準が機器選択に及ぼす影響」について報告しました。
- Energy consumption of Japan’s civilian sector (commercial and residential) has increased greatly compared with other sectors (industrial and transportation), and various countermeasures have been sought. Before now, measures for the residential sector included appliance energy efficiency standards (Top Runner Standards) and housing energy efficiency standards. The Top Runner
Standards have improved the energy efficiency of the subject equipment, which includes room air conditioners, refrigerators and TVs. Since housing energy efficiency standards were set in 1980, they have been revised several times. In October 2013, they were changed to a system of standards that evaluates a house’s annual primary energy consumption for heating, cooling, water heating, ventilation, and lighting.
- The main effect expected from enforcing housing energy efficiency standards is a decrease in the number of products with poor energy efficiency. On the other hand, it is not a mechanism for eliminating individual products, but rather, aims to improve the energy efficiency of the whole dwelling unit. Therefore the mechanism allows much flexibility of design.
- In this paper, we explain the standards system, evaluation methods, and the relation to the Top Runner Standards for the housing energy efficiency standards. Also, to consider the impact of Japan’s housing energy efficiency standards on choice of equipment, we examine the effect of the standards on both individual equipment and on the housing market as a whole.
- How do Housing Energy Efficiency Standards in Japan affect the choice of equipment?
- Suguru MIZUTANI, Mikiko NAKAMURA, Hidetoshi NAKAGAMI
- 8th International Conference on Energy Efficiency in Domestic Appliances and Lighting (EEDAL’15) （ 2015年8月 ）